Full-time; Hourly; Non-exempt
Salary Grade/Level/Family/Range 8
VP, Engineering Services
August 24, 2020
To provide maximum service to members by providing prompt and efficient responses to requests for service or information; to strive to improve the reliability of the distribution system by designing facilities in compliance with the Rural Utilities Services (RUS) specifications and the National Electrical Safety Code (NESC). To promote marketing activities and effective public relations by being able to inform and advise the public about the rural electric program and efficient uses of electricity
• Schedules and keeps appointments with members for new construction, upgrading or conversion of facilities, and relocation or removal of existing facilities.
• Designs, stakes, and inspects primary, secondary, and service installations for new services, system improvements, sectionalizing equipment and retirements of existing facilities.
• Inspects for tree trimming and/or removal requirements, facility damages, and to identify potentially hazardous situations.
• Consults with developers to provide for mutually agreeable conditions for the installation of Broad River Electric Cooperative facilities in areas to be developed; coordinates the installation of facilities with other utilities.
• Utilizes drafting and data software as needed to draft staking sheets and facility layouts and to produce material sheets for construction projects.