Members participating in Broad River Electric's PrePay program will be required to:
Register for SmartHub.
- SmartHub is a web and mobile app that allows you to control aspects of your account, including bill payment, notification management and usage analysis.
- You can download the SmartHub app from the Apple or Google Play app store or visit our SmartHub page.
- Register for SmartHub registration.
Use an email address.
- SmartHub requires an email address to register.
- A verification email will be sent to the e-mail address provided before registration is activated.
Pay a flat $3.95 fee on every credit or debit card transaction.
- To avoid frequent fees, we recommend you make fewer payments that provide sufficient funds for your energy usage.
Receive low balance alerts.
- Broad River Electric will begin sending daily notifications (phone calls, SMS texts, and/or emails) to you whenever your balance is below $25, informing you of an impending disconnection.
- You will be able to set other notification thresholds through the SmartHub app.
Pay a security deposit if you opt-out of prepay.
- You may choose to no longer use the PrePay program.
- If you opt-out of PrePay, your remaining balance will be applied to the security deposit you were not required to pay when you initially signed up for service and opted into PrePay.
- You will be required to pay the remaining security deposit balance.
As always, our member care team is available to assist you with these changes and action items. Just call us at 866-687-2667, or visit our SmartHub page for detailed information.