Report power outages with texts & receive outage alerts via texts
Reporting an outage and being alerted to outages on our system are now easier than ever. Broad River Electric members can use text messages to do either or both. No longer is it necessary to call into your cooperative's outage phone line or wonder if a storm has affected yours or a loved one's home. Just follow this one-time, simple registration process.
- Start the sign-up process with SmartHub here, accept the license agreement and enable cookies;
- Enter your account number and mobile phone linked to your account (If your cell number is not connected, please contact one of our member care representatives to add it). Click Go.
- A verification code will be sent to that phone number. Enter the code and click verify.
OUTAGE ALERTS & ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
To manage your account and set up outage alerts, click the blue pencil next to the account number. This will allow you to do the following:
- Enable/disable texting and emails;
- Add phone numbers and email addresses that you’d like to receive notifications to;
- Add/edit service nickname;
- To view accounts tied to a specific phone number, click on the phone number;
- Manage phone numbers allows you to enable/disable which accounts are tied to that phone number for notifications;
- Manage email address allows you to enable/disable which accounts are tied to that email for notifications