Report power outages with texts & receive outage alerts via texts
Reporting an outage and being alerted to outages on our system are now easier than ever. Broad River Electric members can use text messages to do either or both. No longer is it necessary to call into your cooperative's outage phone line or wonder if a storm has affected yours or a loved one's home. Just follow this one-time, simple registration process.
- Click here to start the sign-up process, accept the license agreement and enable cookies;
- Enter your account number and mobile phone linked to your account (If your cell number is not connected, please contact one of our member care representatives to add it). Click Go.
- A verification code will be sent to that phone number. Enter the code and click verify.
OUTAGE ALERTS & ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
To manage your account and set up outage alerts, click the blue pencil next to the account number. This will allow you to do the following:
- Enable/disable texting and emails;
- Add phone numbers and email addresses that you’d like to receive notifications to;
- Add/edit service nickname;
- To view accounts tied to a specific phone number, click on the phone number;
- Manage phone numbers allows you to enable/disable which accounts are tied to that phone number for notifications;
- Manage email address allows you to enable/disable which accounts are tied to that email for notifications
No matter where you are or what you're doing, we will let you know if your power goes out... and when it is restored.
TEXTING AN OUTAGE
Texting your outage is as simple as 1-2-3:
- Open a new text message in your cell phone.
- Type outage (not case sensitive).
- Enter 55050 in the “send to” field and send.
Once the text is received and verified by our outage management system, you will receive an “outage reported successfully” message. A second message will be sent when the outage is restored.
Be sure to include the outage number in your contacts.
Please note that all standard data and text messaging charges apply.