You can now report power outages via text messaging.
Before using this easy new service, you will need to complete a short online registration process to make sure your current cell phone number is on file at Broad River Electric Cooperative.
If you have not previously provided your current cell phone number, you cannot register yet. Please contact us at 866-687-2667 or go to MyEnergy Online(link is external) to update your information. You’ll need to wait one business day after you have updated your mobile phone number before you can register for the texting service.
- Once you complete the registration process, you will receive a text with an account verification code.
- Enter this verification code in the applicable web page field, click “Submit” and you will receive a second text message confirming completion of the process. If your cell phone number is not on file, you will be notified to contact us to provide the number.
- After signing up, you will be directed to a screen listing the account number(s) associated with your cell phone number.
- This screen also provides the number to which outages should be texted. Be sure to add this number to your cell phone contacts so it will be readily available when needed.
- If you have multiple accounts with Broad River Electric, you will be able to set up keyword indicators for each account (i.e., home, well, cabin, garage, barn, etc.) for more specific outage reporting.
- Once you complete these steps and click Submit, you are ready to text your next power outage to us.
Texting your outage is as simple as 1-2-3:
- Open a new text message in your cell phone.
- Type outage (not case sensitive).
- Enter the outage number provided during the sign-up process in the “send to” field and send.
Once the text is received and verified by our outage management system, you will receive an “outage reported successfully” message. A second message will be sent when the outage is restored.
Be sure to include the outage number in your contacts
Please note that all standard data and text messaging charges apply.