Full-time; Hourly; Non-exempt
Salary Grade/Level/Family/Range 7
VP, Engineering Services
August 3, 2020
To receive, analyze, and input engineering data to be used in the development of system databases and map designs to reflect existing system status and to build and maintain an integrated relationship with the billing, engineering, and outage information system databases.
• Assists in the management of the mapping network and related equipment; troubleshoots problems and maintains a working relationship with NISC to keep the system running at an optimal level.
• Insures and analyzes that data is transmitted and received from both the mapping, accounting, and billing systems to assure the data is consistent between applications.
• Performs drafting functions necessary to keep mapping files current.
• Maintains the mapping and outage management system assuring flow, connectivity and devices are updated and are functional in all applications.
• Submits requests to Palmetto Utility Services (PUPS) One-Call Utility Location Systems.
• Build queries to retrieve mapping data to support system studies and analysis for system development and projects.
• Prepares spreadsheets and database applications to provide technical support and analysis for system development and special projects.
• Utilizes drafting and data software as needed to provide maps, and facility layouts for engineering and construction projects.
• Assist Staking Technician by drafting staking sheets and producing material sheets for any construction project.
• Assist Staking Technician with designing, staking, and inspecting primary, secondary, and service installations for new services, system improvements, sectionalizing equipment, and retirements of existing facilities
• Assists as needed in public relations and information programs undertaken by the cooperative and completes career enhancement training programs as directed.
• Assists as needed in dispatch by creating service orders, dispatching crews, and managing the Outage Management System – OMS
• Assists as needed in during outage restoration.
• Participates in annual meeting as required.
• All other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Engineering Services.
1. Communication proficiency
2. Organizational skills
3. Mathematical skills
4. Technical capacity
6. Time management
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Outdoor work is required in a variety of weather conditions in addition to normal office working conditions. Must be able to walk over uneven, steep, and difficult terrain for distances of over one mile on a regular, recurring basis. Occasional work outside of normal work hours will be required.