Like all electric cooperatives, we exist to serve our members and our communities. We are committed to providing safe, reliable, and reasonably-priced electricity and other energy-related services while improving the communities we serve.
Broad River Electric operates as a cooperative and follows the same set of core principles and values that other cooperatives worldwide operate under. These Seven Cooperative Principles are:
- Open and Voluntary Membership
- Democratic Member Control
- Members’ Economic Participation
- Autonomy and Independence
- Education, Training, and Information
- Cooperation Among Cooperatives
- Concern for Community
For more information about what these mean, visit America's Electric Cooperatives.