On the first Saturday in May, Broad River Electric holds an Annual Meeting of Members at the Broad River Electric Auditorium, located adjacent to the main office in Gaffney. Members who attend receive a gift and are eligible for prizes, including a service truck, and elect their trustees to the board.
The 2019 Annual Meeting of Members will be held May 4, 2019.
2018 Annual Meeting of Members Notes
Broad River Electric Cooperative held its Annual Meeting on Saturday, May 5, 2018, at the Broad River Electric Auditorium in Gaffney. 1,091 Broad River Electric members gathered for a morning filled with activities, informative opportunities, music, and food.
Meeting attendees also had the opportunities to experience the AVTT traveling Vietnam Wall replica.
During the meeting, Bill Peeler, Wayne West, and DeCole Gallman were all re-elected to serve another term on the Broad River Electric Board of Trustees.
The accomplishments listed below were highlighted at the Annual Meeting:
- 2017 did not have a rate increase and the cooperative does not anticipate a rate increase in 2018.
- The Board of Trustees approved a new strategic plan with a vision to be the members' most trusted resource for energy-related matters with a focus on member engagement, organizational excellence, financial security.
- $245,000 had been returned to members from their security deposits.
- Broad River Electric has expanded drive-thru hour with earlier access to members beginning at 7:30 a.m.
- New members can now apply for service online.
- Vegetation management was completed in Union County and moved into Spartanburg County.
- Broad River Electric's system reliability ranks at the top among South Carolina cooperatives at 99.98%.